Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Startup Princess - A Hub for Women Entrepreneurs



Because I'm a business owner, and probably because I'm a member of the Provo/Orem Chamber of commerce, I receive the Utah Valley BusinessQ. It's a great publication that focuses on business related issues in the community. I was reading their summer issue when I found this article "The Basement: Startup Princess is at home home as startup queen". As a women business owner, I was immediately interested in what Startup Princess had to offer and checked the site that day. Since then, I have added it to the websites and blogs that I check daily. The information is good for my business, and even though I've been in business for 9 years, I still find some of the startup advice to be good for me. I especially appreciate the playful side of business and the positive vibe it sends to women business dreamers everywhere.

In June, I had the opportunity to be a guest blogger on the site. I quickly wrote an article that you can find here. Not my best literary work, but it got me started and I was very grateful for the exposure.

Since the article, I was given the honorary title of "Fairy Godmother", the playful term for mentors that have been in business for years.

Anyway, I'll stop blabbing about it, and let you check it out for yourself. If you are a women that owns a business or dreams of starting one, check it out today.

Do you have any sites that help you with your business that you can send my way?

No comments: